William Hill Review
Players from United States not accepted
- URL: https://williamhill.com
- Year Founded: 1934
- Licenses: United Kingdom Gambling Commission, NT Racing Commission
- Owner: WilliamHill PLC
- Bank EFT
- William Hill Card
- Bank Transfer
- Paysafe Card
- Aland Islands
- American Samoa
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- East Timor
- Equatorial Guinea
- French Guyana
- French Polynesia
- French Southern Territories
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Marshall Islands
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Caledonia
- Norfolk Island
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Georgia
- St. Helens
- St. Pierre and Miquelon
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Tristan de Cunha
- United States minor outlying territories
- Vatican City State (Holy See)
- Virgin Islands (USA)
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
- Brazil. Estonia
- Website: www.WilliamHill.com
- Sign up bonus:Place a wager up to $700 and get a 100% matched free bet.
- Mobile betting: Smartphone and tablet mobile websites, and a downloadable app.
- Sporting markets: Australian football, American football, baseball, basketball, cricket, cycling, darts, golf, greyhound racing, harness racing, horse racing, ice hockey, martial arts, motor sport, novelty bets, rugby, soccer, tennis and more.
With is roots in the U.K., William Hill is now a brand name recognised globally, having prominently established itself in the Australian betting market (purchasing Sportinget, Centrebet and Tom Waterhouse), as well as expanding to Nevada by taking control of three major chains of sportsbooks. With a reputation as one of the most trusted and top-quality bookmakers in the world, punters have reason to be excited that this giant English company has made its way across the globe.
Website interface and betting markets
The William Hill website is clean and easy to navigate. All betting sections are neatly set out, including a left-hand quick-pick menu listing racing, sporting and live betting markets, jockey challenges, already set-up multis, current promotions and results.
At the top of the site you have access to all the diverse sport categories available to bet on, and within each of those categories are the different leagues, competitions and events. On the right-hand side you can view any pending bets you’ve placed, and it you can access your betting slip, which is where you confirm the wagers you wish to lay down. Inside the betting slip you can see your total bets, total stake and possible payout, with the option to build your own multi. Below your betting slip is the William Hill blog which contains sport and racing tips and current betting news.
Here are the major events punters can place wagers on:
- American Football (NFL)
- Australian Rules (AFL)
- Greyhound racing
- Horse racing
- Harness racing
- Ice Hockey
- Martial Arts
- Motor Sport
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Snooker / Pool
Never miss any betting action with William Hill’s homepage section dedicated to upcoming sporting events and races.
Betting bonuses, promotions and competitions
As a new member, you are entitled to a matched deposit bonus of up to $700 when you make your first deposit and lay down your very first wager. Your wager will be matched dollar for dollar.
Keep your email registered and you will receive notifications when William Hill is offering other promos, bonuses and competitions you can partake in, such as free bets, multi-bet boosters, cash back specials and tipping tournaments.
William Hill mobile sports betting
William Hill has its very own app, available for download via this link for iOS and Android devices. Alternatively, you can access the fully-fledged mobile and tablet website which is just as good as the dedicated market application. All the latest smartphones and tabs are compatible with the mobile browser site, including:
- Apple iOS devices
- Android devices
- Windows mobile and tablets
- BlackBerry phones
- Symbian operating system phones (for example, Motorola and Nokia)
- Older data-enabled devices using WAP technology
All markets online are also available on your mobiles and tablets, so you’ll be able to find exactly what you are searching for regardless of what medium you are utilising.
Available deposit and withdrawal methods, security and licensing
William Hill uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer digital encryption technology to protect all financial transactions; the same technology used by major banks and their online systems. The most popular methods to fund your William Hill account, and withdraw money from the account include the following:
- Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards
- Skrill (Moneybookers)
- Direct wire transfers from your online banking system
Aside from direct wire transfers and BPAY, all other methods process deposits instantly, so you have access to your cash and the ability to bet immediately after an approved deposit. Withdrawals can take anywhere between 24 and 72 hours, largely depending on your bank. First time depositors using a card to fund their accounts may need to verify their cards by scanning through a copy with the middle numbers blacked out (for security purposes).
First time withdrawers (and anyone who has held an account for 90 days), will need to provide some proof of identity to verify they are in fact the account holder, in accordance with the high security standards employed by reputable bookmakers. ID documents to verify your account include a copy of your driver’s license, passport or utility bill (for example, an electric, telephone, gas or water statement which displays your current address).
The William Hill headquarters are in Wood Green and Leeds (both in London), and the company is licensed to operate in multiple jurisdictions around the world, including Australia, the Americas, New Zealand and Europe. You can find out more about William Hill in the About Us section on its homepage.
Contact the William Hill support staff
You can live chat with a real person via desktop, mobile or tablet. Alternatively, you can get in touch with a helpful staff member via one of the following methods:
- Email address: [email protected]
- Australian general customer service toll-free number: 1800 007 238
- Overseas general customer service number: +61 8 8923 8008
- Australian racing toll-free number: 1800 238 005
- Overseas racing number: +61 8 8923 8005
- New Zealand racing toll-free number: 0800 106 417
- Australian sports toll-free number: 1800 238 001
- Overseas sports number: +61 8 8923 8001
- New Zealand sports toll-free number: 0800 106 417
Sign up for a WH account here and enjoy the freedom to be able to bet whenever you want, on markets with some of the best odds in the industry.